A performance minded alternative to the high cost of replacing your stock Honda crankshaft is available through the use of Hot Rod Connecting Rod Kits for your Honda CR. The quality connecting rod kit comes complete with a new rod, bearing, crank pin and thrust washers.
HOT RODS CONNECTING ROD KITS
- Hot Rods crank pins are manufactured from hot-rolled ASTM 4115 and case-hardened to 58 - 62 Rc.
- Hot Rods works directly with their bearing factory's engineering department to bring you the latest in caged needle roller bearing designs for high RPM.
- Uniquely designed big end uses strategically located side scalloping and vent slots to minimize high RPM bearing race distortion.
- Hot Rods are double forged to improve grain flow and maintain dimensional consistency. Furthermore, they're shot peened to eliminate surface stress risers and to smoothly blend the rod forging's radiuses together. Unlike hand ground and polished rods, shot peening produces more consistent dimensioning and surface finish for superior strength under heavy loads.
- By shot peening the connecting rod's surface, fatigue durability is improved two times over a forged rod, and over eight times when compared to a polished rod.
- Double honing produces and ultra round (50 millionths) bearing surface, producing a reliable high RPM connecting rod.
- Small ends are double drilled to supply extra lubrication and cooling to the wrist pin bearing, which is especially important when the piston crown is close to the wrist pin bearing. Silver coated bronze phosphor thrust washer.
FITS: Honda CR500 (1987-2001)
NOTE: Connecting rod is not sold separately.
SMALL END BORE: 25
BIG END WIDTH: 34
SMALL END WIDTH: 24
BIG END: 20
PIN DIAMETER: 26
PIN LENGTH: 68
SMALL END BEARING: 20X25X28
BIG END BEARING: 26X34X20
WASHER THICKNESS: 1.5